- This event has passed.
Gambling Harm Prevention Forum
Wednesday September 16th at 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
This forum is for migrant and refugee community members and people seeking to engage with them.
Hear from experts, practitioners and community voices from the gambling harm reduction sector who will speak about the new challenges and effects of gambling in multicultural communities during the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown.
The Forum will cover
- How the effects of gambling in multicultural communities has been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Why younger people are more at risk of gambling harm due to increased time online during lockdown.
- Increased risk of mental health issues related to gambling caused by social isolation and lockdown.
- Expert advice and opinions from researchers, practitioners and community voices in the gambling harm reduction sector who will look at these new challenges and discuss new ways of meeting them.
Key note speaker
Dr Charles Livingstone, Associate Professor in the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
Panel of Speakers
- Dr Catherine Gomes, Associate Professor in the School of Media and Communication, RMIT University
- Tony Phillips, Research Manager, Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation
- Lunorphare Folly, Youth Facilitator, Centre for Multicultural Youth
Don’t miss out, register to confirm your spot. Zoom log in details will be emailed after registration.REGISTER NOW