Membership currently includes 29 cultural and faith associations; 11 community, government, NGO and business sector leaders; and 48 individuals.
BRMC’s mission is to work in partnership with our members, key government and community stakeholders, and the wider Ballarat community to actively promote multiculturalism, cultural diversity, inclusion and the wellbeing of all migrant communities throughout the region.
Our purpose is to actively promote and develop goodwill, understanding and harmony in our culturally diverse community.
BRMC provides opportunities for all people of all cultural backgrounds to come together to celebrate multiculturalism and cultural diversity, and provides advisory services, support and advocacy for the particular needs of both older established migrant groups, plus new arrivals.
- To provide opportunities for people of all cultural backgrounds to come together.
- To provide advisory services, support and advocacy for the particular needs of people of various cultural backgrounds.
- To advocate on relevant government policy and practice at the local, state and federal level to ensure appropriate service provision.
- To provide government and other bodies or agencies in the Ballarat region with an open channel of communication with cultural groups and organisations.
- To promote a greater awareness of multicultural values, the contributions and the specific needs of community groups within the region.
- To advise relevant agencies in the region on the social, legal, cultural, educational, health and welfare needs of residents of culturally diverse backgrounds with an emphasis on equitable access to services.
|Acting Chief Executive Officer||Suzanne Ryan-Eversfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research and Policy Coordinator||Tess Altmanemail@example.com|
|Community Employment Connector – Ballarat
(HR and Employment)
|Community Employment Connector||K’lu Say Sayfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Employment Connector||Shinto K. Johnemail@example.com|
|Social Support Program Manager||Teresa Azzopardifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Support Assistant||Natalie Athaydeemail@example.com|
|Social Support Assistant||Caroline Parryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carer Respite Promotion Coordinator||Rebecca Marshemail@example.com|
|Bicultural Worker||Shipra Sainifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Migrant English Program Coordinator
Diversity Homework Club
|Diversity Homework Club Assistant||Tahsina Tasnimemail@example.com|
|Program Coordinator – Stepping Stones to
Financial Wellbeing and Social Inclusion
|Strategy and Settlement Manager||Hee Young Limfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Settlement Support Coordinator||Abrar Dhamemail@example.com|
|Settlement Program Worker||Nyibol Dengfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Media & Communicationsemail@example.com|
All staff can be contacted on 03 5383 0613.
Executive Committee Members for 2021/2022
|Deputy Chair||Syed M Sami|
|Assistant Treasurer||Charles Nani|
|Assistant Secretary||Nsonma Adeleye|
|Public Relations Officer||Anam Shahab|
|Interfaith Officer||Yaqoob Kazan|
|Women’s Officer||Betty Mathew|
|Community Representative||Sundram Sivamalai|
|Community Representative||Binsu Baby|
|Community Representative||Govinda Dahal|
|Immediate Past Chair||Chez Dichiera|
General and Associate Members
Annual & Financial Reports
BRMC is an incorporated body under the Victorian Government Incorporations Act.
Ballarat Regional Multicultural Council respectfully acknowledges the Wadawurrung and Dja Dja Wurrung people, their elders and community leaders, past, present and emerging
– traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work.
BRMC actively promotes intercultural and interfaith harmony. We help build inclusive and diverse communities and economies.
We work with members and partners to strengthen diversity and social cohesion in regional Victoria.