Volunteers make BRMC a real community and a thriving hub for community connection and services. BRMC is always in need of people who are willing to help and share their time, talents and skills. We have different programs and activities where you can choose to help. If you don’t have the time to do volunteer works but you are very willing to help we will be very happy to accept any treasure you can share with BRMC. If you have any ideas or projects in mind that you think will be very helpful to the community you can also share it with us.
BRMC Office and Reception – greeting our visitors, answering the phone, keeping records, filing and assisting with office tasks.
Home Visiting – making friends especially with older people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Telelink – facilitate telephone conference for groups with same interest or cultural background
Hospitality Assistant – help in the kitchen and serve meals every second Wednesday of the month for Multicultural Tucker
Tutor – train as an English Tutor or as a Computer Tutor and provide language tutoring.
Events – volunteer at festivals, events and open days
BRMC is an incorporated body. The constitution provides for three categories of membership.
(1) General Membership: Any organisation whose primary objective is either of a cultural/ethnic or multicultural focus and whose aims and activities are consistent with the above.
(2) Associate Membership: May be given to organisations with an interest in multicultural issues (but this not being their primary focus) and provided that such an organisation is duly admitted to membership, in accordance with the provisions of these Rules.
(3) Individual Membership: May be given to individuals who show a real/practical interest in multicultural issues and who do not seek to be members of a member organisation.
Benefits of Members
- Voting rights
- Administration and auspice support
- Event equipment loans and usage
- Ballarat Welcome Centre discount room hire member rate
- General Meetings
BRMC provides financial and material aid to support people in financial hardship.
Money is not the only way of making a donation to support our community. You can donate anything extra you have to help others.
Different ways to send your donation:
Ballarat Welcome Centre
25-39 Barkly Street
Ballarat, Victoria 3350
PO Box 1418
Bakery Hill, Victoria 3354
Please contact us first or indicate what you are donating to such as BRASSN, Welcome Centre etc.
Account Name: Ballarat Regional Multicultural Council
Account No. Contact us for details
Payee: Ballarat Regional Multicultural Council
Send to: PO Box 1418 Bakery Hill, Victoria 3354
Note: Please advise us of any monetary donations.
BRMC employs a small team of staff. We also offer student placements, work placements and casual positions from time to time.
We advertise vacancies when they arise on our website and SEEK.com.au.
We are always interested to hear from volunteers.
Please contact BRMC via email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.